Yesterday and more

We went to the Adoptapalooza at Little Shelter yesterday, an annual event.  I was thinking that if we happened to find a dog that suited our needs, I might consider adopting a third.  Dan said no more dogs, at least not now.  I understand what he means.  Bugsy and Snaps are a handful.  I’m looking at the future.  Snaps will be 14.  Who knows how much longer we’ll have him?  I don’t know how Bugsy will feel about being an only dog.  He might love it!  Or wonder where Snaps went, and if we’re planning to send him there next!  LOL!

I saw a sad-looking small mixed dog no one had adopted.  They told me he was 8 years old.  I wouldn’t bring another male into the house, so that eliminated him, but he kept looking around as if to ask, “Every other dog seems to be finding a home; where’s mine?”  Dan called me over to look at a blind 10 year old female shih tzu.  Right sex, but we already own a blind dog, and I didn’t really want one that was already 10 years old.  All the puppies had already been snatched up, and because of my husband’s allergies, I need one that doesn’t shed.  We left empty-handed, but we bought $40 in tickets for the Chinese auction they were having, and I went to every booth–from adopt a Greyhound to Akita rescue to drop off a donation.

At least a lot of dogs appeared to be getting adopted yesterday, and the Adoptapalooza continues today.

Oh, I had to tell y’all what happened Friday, when I brought my urine to the HIP lab!

I had called in the morning and spoken to who I THOUGHT was my doctor’s nurse.  She told me to bring a urine sample to the lab before it closed at 3:45 so they could test it for a UTI.  I’d taken a round of antibiotics and still had all the symptoms.  So I put my pee into a clean container (I’ve done this before) and reported to the lab about 3 PM.  They looked in the computer, and there was nothing in there about a test for my pee!

The accommodating lab clerk kindly ran down to my doctor’s office, only to find she had gone home sick.  (The irony!)  Her nurse wasn’t available, either.  They sent me to the front desk, where I worriedly outlined my problem to another very accommodating soul (utterly amazing)!  I’m standing there, pee in my container, in hand, fearing this was how they thought I got my jollies–bringing urine to the lab without a test appointment.

The clerk paged my doctor’s nurse three times, and when she received no answer, went in search of her.  I waited 25 minutes; it was growing very close to lab closing time!

Finally, they reached my doctor’s nurse, who asked to speak to me.  She wanted to know WHO I’d spoken to, but my spotty memory had blanked out the woman’s name.   She was very reluctant to put me in for the culture test without my doctor’s OK, but I explained that I had had this infection for well over two weeks, and was not feeling well.   So she took care of it.  Thank God!  I went to the lab, gave them my pee, and went on my way.  Now I have to wait for the test results to be put on an antibiotic they KNOW will take care of it.

Now WHO at the HIP center, I wonder, gets HER jollies telling people to come in for tests without setting them up for them?

Love, Robin


Tags: , , ,

2 Responses to “Yesterday and more”

  1. Bambi Says:

    Get the male.
    Trust me. At 8 years of age he is a keeper.
    I have currently 6 dogs and 3 cats 🙂
    AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!

  2. robinhelene Says:

    I wish I could, but he sheds, and because of Dan and Brad having serious allergies, I have to get a dog that doesn’t shed.

    Love, Robin

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: